The Virginia Chapter of RIMS (the Risk Management Society) serves professionals who work in and support risk management throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. We enhance our members' ongoing professional development by providing education, information and resources at our monthly meetings and annual fall conference.
Virginia RIMS strives to establish and maintain professionalism and recognition for the risk management profession by:
- Promoting the discipline of risk management and enhancing the image of the professional risk manager.
- Fostering the educational and professional development of risk managers, as well as others within the risk management communities.
- Developing and promoting products and services which meet the needs of our members.
- Providing forums of free exchange of ideas and viewpoints among our members.
- Promoting a competitive insurance marketplace and the development of insurance products which benefit all consumers.
- Fostering relationships with other professional societies and organizations in order to advance our objectives.
- Abiding by the constitution and Bylaws of RIMS.
We invite you to join us at an upcoming meeting and learn how Virginia RIMS can help you grow professionally.
RIMS, The Risk Management SocietyTM, is the preeminent organization dedicated to educating, engaging and advocating for the global risk community. It is a not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world.
Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of more than 11,000 risk management professionals who are located in more than 60 countries.